- Why do new students start with easy level materials?
- Starting with easy level materials helps ensure smooth study progress. This also enables students to focus on developing good study habits and build confidence early in the program.
On the first day, new students will take a Diagnostic Test. The purpose of this test is not to evaluate or judge students but rather to help the Instructor to identify the starting point for each student. The Instructor ensures that all students start with their own “just right” level, they can progress on their own. Normally, students will start with easy levels where they can attain a perfect score by studying on their own. By starting with easy level materials, students progress smoothly in the program, develop good study habits and build self-confidence early on.
About the Kumon Method
- Q: What is the right age for my child to start Kumon?
- Q: Why do new students start with easy level materials?
- Q: Why do students have to repeat some levels many times?
- Q: What kind of results will I see in my child?
- Q: Does self-learning mean that the Instructor does not teach anything?
- Q: What makes Kumon such an effective complement to my child’s schooling?
- Q: Is Kumon helpful to improve school grades?
- Q: Why does Kumon have homework?
- Q: Is Kumon a tutorial center?